Wise words that I can’t stop thinking about.
Weekend up | down(s)
Ran 18 miles.
Ate movie popcorn for dinner and snuck bin candy for dessert.
Went to Bushwick yoga and a doughnut.
Made apple chipotle chili and a pumpkin waffle.
Sat on some steps and shared a cookie the size of my face.
Life right now = running and eating like a 16-year-old boy. I can’t say that I hate it.
& Fall. I want to pretend I’m highly engaged with college football. I want my life to smell like cinnamon. I want to spend afternoons stepping on leaves and buying doughnuts. There is no better time of year and I’m going to try to suck every last minute out of it.
- Run the marathon
- Get a massage (see #1)
Bake a pie(4 & Twenty Blackbirds Salted Caramel Apple)
- Train upstate for a hike + [pumpkin] beer
- Read a bunch of new books. Maybe in the park. Maybe with coffee and a doughnut. (#GIRLBOSS, Little Big Lies, The Long Home)
- Take a new class (cooking? coding? pole dancing?)
- Join a new group (alum? running? unmarried child-free Brooklynites?)
- Find 10 ways to pay it forward
- Eat at: Freeman’s, Egg, Spotted Pig, Dover
I. Can’t. Wait.
Strangers I pass on the street:
So many apologies. I’ve become that person who only talks about running. The marathon owns me a
I’m entirely self aware but sadly I can’t do a damn thing to curb the behavior. Really, I get it.
Please give me until Nov. 2 and we’ll return to regularly scheduled programming.
PS: Tumblr runners: I’ve hit a wall with training and there are weeks to go. Hit me up (julia.forrest.costa @ gmail) if you’re in for a mile…or two…or a dozen…or a dozen and some change. Please?
re: Instagram Black Holes
- c: also i almost texted you last night when i went on an instagram binge of lauren conrad's wedding...
- me: nw. it happens. like, poof! there goes 2 hours.
- c: i was like IS THIS WHAT IVE BEEN MISSING?
- me: everything. and nothing.
- c: that might sum up the entire internet right there.